NuGet package

Mar 8, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Hi,

Any plans for a NuGet packaging of this great library?

There is not much to it, but I could provide any kind of assistance needed (up to packaging it myself ;-)). Having this would make the packaging of my project (GeoSIK) much easier.

Coordinator
Mar 8, 2012 at 12:41 PM

if you can submit a patch with the things needed to do the package, we can try to add this feature.

Thanks

Mar 8, 2012 at 1:47 PM

You got it.

Is a SVN patch OK (I don't even know if TFS does patches)?

Coordinator
Mar 8, 2012 at 3:07 PM
cartoixa wrote:

Is a SVN patch OK (I don't even know if TFS does patches)?

++ for svn patch. thanks a lot.

Mar 23, 2012 at 11:20 AM

The package is here.

But I just realized (a bit late) that the assemblies version number are different between the official release (v. 1.2.3432.30659) and the Nuget package (v. 1.2.4455.27045), which is ... unfortunate.

2 solutions:

• silently update the official release with the NuGet version...
  • release an updated 1.2.1 version on both CodePlex and the NuGet gallery with the same assembly versions (seems preferable).

Note: the SharpMap project uses yet another version...

Coordinator
Mar 23, 2012 at 11:28 AM
cartoixa wrote:

The package is here.

But I just realized (a bit late) that the assemblies version number are different between the official release (v. 1.2.3432.30659) and the Nuget package (v. 1.2.4455.27045), which is ... unfortunate.

2 solutions:

• silently update the official release with the NuGet version...
  • release an updated 1.2.1 version on both CodePlex and the NuGet gallery with the same assembly versions (seems preferable).

Note: the SharpMap project uses yet another version...

sharpmap now uses internally it's own version, they can switch to nuget or continue as is.

My2Cents: release a 1.2.0.1 version with the new package.

Apr 19, 2012 at 6:29 AM

Where is the "official" source of Proj.Net? There is no commit in this site for some time now...

George J.

Coordinator
Apr 19, 2012 at 6:43 AM
gcapnias wrote:

Where is the "official" source of Proj.Net? There is no commit in this site for some time now...

This is the official source, simply the project development is stopped, mainly due to the fact that the library works as expected.

Other projects uses custom versions, because they need custom functionalities.